Libya: Al-Tourjman confirms coastal road between Misurata and Sirte is clear of mines

The Minister of State for Displaced People’s Affairs and Human Rights, Ahmed Abu Khuzam, received the Director-General of the Libyan Center for Mine Action and Remnants of War, Colonel Mohammed Al-Torjuman. The meeting discussed the center’s work mechanism and the Read More …

Christian Engineer from Kerala converts to Islam to join IS, dies in a suicide bomb attack mission in Libya

A Chrisitan Engineer from Kerala, who had recently converted to Islam to join Islamic State’s (IS), has been killed in a suicide bombing terror attack in Libya, reports New Indian Express. According to the reports, the intelligence officials have gathered Read More …

UNICEF voices concern over death, injury of children by landmine in Libya’s Tripoli

The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) on Friday expressed concern over the death and injury of children by a landmine in south of the Libyan capital Tripoli. “UNICEF is deeply concerned over the death and injury of children due to Read More …

Libya: JMC & GNU meet in Sirte to discuss mine clearance and opening the main coastal road

Libya’s 5+5 Joint Military Commission (JMC) held a meeting in Sirte to discuss ongoing efforts to clear mines and war remnants from the coastal road linking the city to Misrata to officially reopen the road for travel and safe use Read More …

Libya: Three tons of war remnants detonated near Buerat Al-Hassoun area

The spokesman for the Sirte-Jufra Operations Room, Abdelhadi Drah, said military engineering teams had combed through the area from eastern Abu Grein onward to scour for explosive remnants of war (ERW) left by Khalifa Haftar’s forces. Drah said the teams Read More …

Trends in Terrorism: What’s on the Horizon in 2021?

The year 2020 was unprecedented in many ways. Just three days into the year, U.S. President Donald Trump ordered the assassination of Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Quds Force (IRGC-QF) commander Qasem Soleimani. That news was soon eclipsed by the worldwide Read More …

U.S. charges Libyan in 1988 Lockerbie bombing that killed 270

The United States on Monday unsealed criminal charges against a third alleged conspirator in the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, that killed 270 people, mostly Americans. The suspect, Abu Agila Mohammad Masud Kheir Al-Marimi, a Read More …

Libya, Italy sign military cooperation agreement

The Government of National Accord (GNA) and Italy signed a military cooperation agreement in Rome on Friday as an effort to develop and build capabilities. Libya’s Defence Minister Salah Al-Din Al-Namroush and his Italian counterpart signed the agreement concerning establishing Read More …

Libya: Criminal Investigation Department concludes training program on removing IEDs

The Training and Development Office of the Criminal Investigation Department in the Central Region held a closing ceremony for the training program for the capacity building in the field of removing explosive devices. The program had been implemented within the Read More …

Manchester Arena Inquiry: Six wanted for questioning over bombing

Six people are wanted for questioning by detectives investigating the Manchester Arena bombing, a legal document has revealed. The parents of the brothers responsible for the atrocity are both suspects, as are two associates. One of the associates, who was Read More …

Libya: Authorities detonate mines and IEDs collected from Tripoli

Libyan National Safety Authority has detonated over 50 tons of mines and IEDs (shells and rockets) collected from Tripoli and its suburbs. The Interior Ministry said mine clearance teams of the authority carried out the explosion operation in Hira Valley Read More …

Beirut blast: The other countries with dangerous dumps of explosives

The devastating explosion in Beirut is a grim reminder of a deeply troubling fact: the thousands of tonnes of ammonium nitrate unsafely stored in that city’s port is not the only site at risk of spontaneous detonation. In the Philippines, Read More …

Russia, Wagner Group Continue Military Involvement in Libya

U.S. Africa Command has mounting evidence that Russia, through the Wagner Group, continues to position military equipment in Libya capable of conducting kinetic operations there. Overhead imagery shows Wagner forces and equipment on the front lines of the Libyan conflict Read More …

AFRICOM: Russia, Wagner Group complicating Libyan ceasefire efforts

U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) has clear evidence that Russian employed, state-sponsored Wagner Group laid landmines and improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in and around Tripoli, further violating the United Nations arms embargo and endangering the lives of innocent Libyans. Verified photographic Read More …