DR Congo: French soldiers tackling explosive devises in North Kivu

French troops that have been reported to be in the eastern parts of the Democratic Republic of Congo will not leave the country until the last date of March 2026. According to Paris, the army mission in DRC mostly focuses Read More …

DR Congo: UNMAS, KOICA and CCLMA conclude major demining project

The project “Sustainable Mine Action in Support of Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons and Communities Affected by Conflicts in the Democratic Republic of Congo, funded by KOICA for $6 million USD, and implemented by the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) Read More …

DR Congo rebels killed 140 civilians despite peace process

M23 rebels killed at least 140 people in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo last month in one of the worst atrocities by the armed group since its resurgence in late 2021, Human Rights Watch has said in a report. This Read More …

DR Congo: Rwanda-backed M23 rebels occupy the city of Bukavu in South Kivu province

Rwanda-backed rebels have occupied a second major city in mineral-rich eastern Congo, the government said Sunday, as M23 rebels confirmed they were in the city to restore order after it was abandoned by Congolese forces. The Congo River Alliance, a Read More …

DR Congo: M23 rebels say they will seize eastern city overnight

Rwandan-backed M23 rebels laying siege to eastern Congo’s largest city Goma ordered defending government forces late on Sunday to disarm and surrender, saying they were preparing to enter and take control. The M23 rebels have made lightning advances this month Read More …

DR Congo: At least 12 killed in bomb attacks on displacement camps in North Kivu

At least 12 people, including children, have been killed in twin bomb blasts that hit two camps for displaced people in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo, according to government officials, the United Nations and an aid group. Friday’s explosions Read More …

DRC Congo: Bombs hit Goma airport as DRC-M23 battle rages

The Democratic Republic of Congo has accused neighboring Rwanda of orchestrating a bomb attack at Goma International Airport in Goma city, North Kivu province. The incident occurred in the early hours of Saturday morning around 02:00 AM when two 81 Read More …

DR Congo: At least 15 dead, including women and children in IED explosion in North Kivu

At least 15 people were killed when a bomb exploded on the evening of Friday, 6 October, in Kyangitsi village, in the Nyamaboko 2 grouping, Katoyi sector, in Masisi territory, North Kivu. Local sources report that most of the victims Read More …

DR Congo: Few worse places to be a child warns UNICEF as twins found boobytrapped

UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Representative in the country, Grant Leaity, issued the alert on Tuesday, revealing that youngsters in eastern DRC face daily atrocities, including rape, abduction and recruitment by armed groups. “I visited a centre in Beni and North Read More …

Ugandan peacekeepers starts clearing unexploded ordnances in DR Congo

The Ugandan peacekeeping troops have embarked on demining and clearing unexploded ordnances in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) unit of Uganda People’s Defence Force (UPDF) Contingent is clearing unexploded ordnances from several Read More …

DR Congo: Nine killed in North Kivu bomb blast

At least nine people have been killed and 16 injured after an explosive device accidentally detonated in a field in conflict-torn Democratic Republic of Congo, local sources said on Thursday. The blast occurred on Wednesday evening in Lubwe Sud in Read More …

UN reports tense situation in eastern DR Congo after rebel attacks, deadly blast

Attacks by the M23 Movement rebels and an explosion wounding 18 civilians leave a tense situation in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), a UN spokesman said on Thursday. One clash was in the southeast of Kitchanga, in Read More …

DR Congo: Bomb injures at least 12 people near a market in Beni

A bomb exploded at a market in eastern Congo on Wednesday, injuring at least a dozen people, authorities said. An unknown person detonated a bomb inside a bag in North Kivu’s Beni town, said Tharcisse Katembo, a local official. “Damage was Read More …

DR Congo: Bomb detonates in church in North Kivu province

In a statement sent to reporters, military spokesman Antony Mualushayi said that the “terrorist act” occurred in a pentecostal church in the town of Kasindi in North Kivu, which lies on the border with neighbouring Uganda. “The security services have Read More …

DR Congo: Improvised explosive device planted in cinema in the city of Butembo, North Kivu wounds 3 people

An improvised explosive device, IED, planted in a local cinema in Butembo in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo went off injuring three people, Anadolu news agency reports. Paul Ngoma, the Chief of police in the town told the Turkish news Read More …

At least 15 killed as anti-UN protests spread in eastern DR Congo

At least 15 people have been killed on the second day of anti-United Nations protests in the Democratic Republic of the Congo’s turbulent northeastern region, in attacks UN chief Antonio Guterres said could constitute a ‘war crime’. Protests erupted on Read More …

Ugandan Rebels ADF Resort To Beheading, Home-made Bombs

Life of Congolese in Beni, North Kivu Province is completely becoming complex as rebels now resort to new methods of terrorising residents. According to a report by the Council of Ministers, these terrorists take advantage of security gaps within the Read More …

DR Congo imposes curfew in Beni after weekend bombings

People in the Democratic Republic of the Congo’s city of Beni have woken up to a curfew on Monday after three bombs rocked the east of the country, with authorities warning they had reports more attacks were being planned. On Read More …