Philippines: PNP on high alert after 10 local terrorists killed in Lanao clash

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has placed all units in the Bangsamoro region on heightened alert to preempt any retaliatory attacks after 10 suspected members of the local Dawlah Islamiyah-Maute Group (DI-MG) were killed in a Lanao del Sur encounter Read More …

Philippines: Boy hurt as IED explodes in Basilan

A boy was injured after an improvised explosive device (IED) went off at a gasoline station in Lamitan City, Basilan evening on Tuesday, June 18, 2024. According to the provincial government, the boy passed by the area when the explosion Read More …

Philippines: MSU bombing mastermind killed in Lanao military ops

The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) yesterday confirmed the death of the leader of terrorist group Dawlah Islamiyah (DI), who masterminded the bombing of Mindanao State University (MSU) in December last year. Military sources were able to verify that Read More …

Cambodia and Philippines hold workshop on mine clearance

Cambodian Mine Action and Victim Assistance Authority (CMAA) and the Philippines Mine Action organised a three-day stakeholders’ workshop in Phnom Penh to review the challenges posed by mines and the state of mine action in the Philippines with specific attention Read More …

Philippines: Security Forces seize IEDs and anti-personnel mines in Lanao del Sur

Military officials said Thursday a possible terror plot has been averted with the fall of the Dawlah Islamiya – Maute Group (DI-MG) lair in Lanao del Sur. Lt. Gen. Alfredo Rosario Jr., Western Mindanao Command (Westmincom) chief, said the troops Read More …

Philippines: RCIED discovered, destroyed at Maguindanao power cooperative grounds

Ordnance experts on Thursday destroyed a home-made bomb found on the premises of the office of a power utility cooperative. The improvised explosive device left in the compound of the Maguindanao Electric Cooperative (Magelco) in Barangay Upper Capiton was fashioned Read More …

Philippines: 8 hurt in Maguindanao IED explosion

Eight people were hurt after an improvised explosive device (IED) went off at the town plaza of Datu Piang in Maguindanao on Saturday, September 18, 2021, while a volleyball tournament was taking place. Datu Piang Mayor Victor Samama said the Read More …

Philippines: Soldier killed in Maguindanao roadside bombing

A soldier was killed and six others were wounded when an improvised explosive device (IED) planted along the road in Datu Hoffer Ampatuan went off before dawn on Thursday. The identity of the fatality was withheld pending notification of his Read More …

Philippines: Bombing plot foiled in Sulu

A bombing attempt in Jolo, Sulu was prevented after a concerned netizen reported an improvised explosive device (IED) made allegedly by a local terrorist, the military said Friday. The IED, which was sealed with coconut leaves, is believed to be Read More …

Philippines: 3 soldiers wounded in Maguindanao blast

Three soldiers were wounded in a bomb explosion Thursday while clearing an area occupied by pro-Islamic State militants in the restive Philippine province of Maguindanao, officials said. Maj. Gen. Juvymax Uy, commander of the Joint Task Force Central, said the Read More …

Philippines: Soldier killed, 4 hurt in Maguindanao roadside bombing

A roadside bomb ripped through a Philippine Marine vehicle on Friday evening in Datu Hofer, Maguindanao, killing a serviceman and wounding four others. An initial report sent to Col. Arnold Santiago, Maguindanao police director, identified the fatality only as a Read More …

Philippines: Army foils bomb plot in Maguindanao

Military authorities in Maguindanao said they foiled Wednesday an attempt by suspected Moro bandits to set off roadside bombs after soldiers discovered an improvised explosive device (IED) in Mamasapano town. Maj. Gen. Juvymax Uy, Army’s 6th Infantry Division (ID) commander Read More …

Philippines: Basilan villagers alert Army to IEDs along roadside

Alert residents helped the military find and neutralize bombs that the Abu Sayyaf Group is believed to have left in Ungkaya Pukan town, Basilan. Brig. Gen. Fernando Reyeg, Joint Task Force Basilan (JTFB) and 101st Infantry Brigade commander, said troops Read More …

Another 500lb UXO to be detonated in Marawi, Philippines

The Army Engineers’ Explosive Ordnance and Disposal (EOD) team will detonate another 500-pound unexploded ordnance (UXO) in the weekend, according to Lt. Col. Elmer Oamil, deputy commander of Joint Task Group Builder and commander of the 553rd Engineer Battalion based in Marawi Read More …