The Charge d’Affaires of the US Embassy in Kabul assures that $ 20 million in annual mine clearance assistance to Afghanistan will continue.
Ross Wilson said in a series of tweets yesterday evening (15 April) on the occasion of World Mine Awareness Day that Washington has provided $ 537 million in aid to Afghanistan in the past 27 years.
On the other hand, the Afghan Ministry of Natural Resources says that 1,582 civilians were killed or wounded last year by landmines, unexploded ordnance and improvised explosive devices.
راس ویلسن شارژدافیر سفارت امریکا در کابل به مناسبت روز جهانی آگهیدهی از خطر ماینها گفت که واشنگتن در ۲۷ سال گذشته در این بخش ۵۳۷ میلیون دالر با افغانستان کمک کرده است.https://t.co/Mgzx35WUYz
— Radio Azadi (@DaRadioAzadi) April 5, 2021
Read more…
Source: Radio Azadi News
