Türkiye has deployed all instruments available in its fight against terrorism, a battle that has marked the last 40 years of its history. While political dialogues continue, the Turkish Armed Forces (TAF) and the National Intelligence Organization have intensified efforts to close the terrorism chapter.
Along the border regions, TAF’s and Iraqi authorities’ frequent and instant consultations are coupled with pinpoint operations by the National Intelligence Organization targeting pseudo leaders of terrorist organizations. Under pressure in Iraq, the PKK terrorist group has resorted to blowing up ammunition depots and setting fire to forested areas where they reside.
Read more…
Source: Türkiye Today
Related:
- 7 Taliban militants killed, explosives and IED components destroyed in Helmand, Uruzgan
June 22, 2019
The security forces killed 7 Taliban militants during the operations in Helmand and Uruzgan provinces. The informed military sources said Saturday that the Afghan Special Forces killed 2 Taliban militants during an operation in Helmand province. The Special Forces conducted the operation in Nahr-e-Saraj district of Helmand. The Special Forces also wounded another militant and arrested 3 others ...
- The EU strengthens rules on home-made explosives and fight against terrorist financing
June 14, 2019
Today, the Council adopted two important priority files under the Security Union which strengthen EU rules on explosives precursors and facilitate law-enforcement access to financial information. The reinforced rules on explosives precursors will ensure stronger safeguards and controls, including online, on the sale and marketing of the dangerous chemicals, which have been used to produce ...
- 550 kgs of explosives discovered from a vegetables truck in Nuristan province
June 11, 2019
The police forces seized 550 kilograms of explosives from a vegetables truck in Nuristan province. The Ministry of Interior (MoI) said Monday that the police forces also arrested two people in connection to the smuggling of explosives. According to a statement released by MoI, the militants had placed the explosives inside 55 sacks. The statement further added that ...
- Major training exercise sees dogs sniff out ‘explosives’ at Bristol Airport
June 11, 2019
Explosives detection dogs from police forces across the country are taking part in a major training exercise at Bristol Airport this week. More than 40 dogs will be put through their paces by their handlers throughout the terminal building and airfield, testing their ability to detect substances that could potentially harm members of the public. The exercise, ...
- UK Exposed Hezbollah Explosives In London In 2015, With Mossad Intel
June 10, 2019
Radicals linked to Iranian-backed Hezbollah were caught stashing tonnes of explosive materials in north-west London in a secret British bomb factory, M15 and Metropolitan Police officers discovered in 2015, a matter of months after the UK signed up to the Iran nuclear deal. Israeli media reports claimed that Israeli officials confirmed that the Mossad provided the ...
- Bulgaria Charges Teenager With Plotting Terrorist Attack
June 9, 2019
Bulgarian officials said on Saturday that they had arrested and charged a 16-year-old student who had been radicalized by the Islamic State with planning a terrorist attack. The Islamic State had recruited the teenager, who is from Plovdiv, in a process that started over social media, Deputy Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev said Saturday at a news ...
- Man Arrested While Trying To Buy Explosives To Attack Times Square, Police Sources Say
June 7, 2019
A man has been arrested after authorities say he was plotted to detonate explosive devices in Manhattan’s Times Square. Police sources tell CBS2 that the suspect was taken into custody by the Joint Terrorism Task Force, which includes both the NYPD and FBI. Sources say the man expressed an interest in buying explosives that he was allegedly ...
- NSCDC announces arrest of Boko Haram bomb materials supplier
June 5, 2019
Operatives of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in Borno on Wednesday announced the arrest of one Aliyu Muhammed, a 24-year-old suspected Boko Haram Improvised Explosive Device (IED) materials supplier in Maiduguri. The Commandant of the corps, Ibrahim Abdullahi, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in Maiduguri. Mr Abdullahi ...
- Security forces in Manbij bust ISIS sleeper cell involved in several attacks
June 4, 2019
The Manbij Internal Security Forces on Monday released a statement announcing the arrest of a group of six people, including two women, accused of being responsible for at least ten sleeper cell attacks in the city. “Recently, terrorist attacks and bombings targeted a number of civilians and security locations in the city of Manbij, the latest of ...
- Iraqi forces thwart car bomb attack in Gogjali, militant arrested
June 3, 2019
Iraqi security forces announced, on Monday, foiling a booby-trapped vehicle attack and arresting a militant in Gogjali area, east of Mosul. In a press statement, the Media Cell said that the security forces apprehended a suspect, after a partial explosion in a pick-up vehicle, in front of his house in Gogjali area in the city of ...
- Day after blasts, 13 IEDs & detonators seized in Palamu
May 30, 2019
A day after 26 security personnel were injured in a series of IED blasts triggered by Maoists in Seraikela, 13 IEDs were recovered from a cave at Bagsara near Pipra’s SeerniyaDam during a police-CRPF joint operation. Apart from the IEDs, the forces recovered 11 gelatin sticks, 250 metres of codex wire, 200 metres of electric wire andand ...
- London and Glasgow parcel bombs linked to devices sent to army centres
May 29, 2019
A series of parcel bombs sent to locations in London and Glasgow earlier this year have been connected to devices targeting army offices in 2014. Anti-terror investigators have said they are now “formally linking” the incendiary devices posted in March and explosives sent to military recruitment centres five years ago. A main line of inquiry is that the latest packages ...
- Lyon bomb attack: Four arrested by police over blast
May 27, 2019
Four people have been arrested by French police following a bomb explosion in Lyon that left 13 injured. The suspects held in connection with last week’s blast include a 24-year-old Algerian computer science student, according to the authorities. The arrests came as masked armed officers searched a property in Oullins, a small town outside Lyon. Read more… Source: Sky ...
- Afghan forces seize 1000 kgs of explosives, foil deadly attack in Kabul city
May 27, 2019
The Afghan National Defense and Security Forces have recently seized 1000 kilograms of explosives during an operation in Kabul city. A military source said Monday that the Afghan special force conducted a raid in Kabul city and seized 500kg of explosives. Without providing further added that source further added that the Special Forces also detained three suspected ...
- Afghan Special Forces kill 10 Taliban fighters, destroy car bomb and IED materials in Paktika
May 26, 2019
The Afghan Special Forces conducted separate operations in south-eastern Paktika province killing at least 10 militants and arresting three others. “In an Afghan special forces operation in Bermal district, 10 Taliban fighters were killed and 1 VBIED and IED making materials were destroyed,” the informed military sources said Saturday. The sources further added that the Special Forces ...
- 11 Taliban militants killed, narcotics and IED materials destroyed in Helmand operations
May 24, 2019
The security forces carried out a series of operations and airstrikes in southern Helmand province killing at least 11 Taliban militants and destroying narcotics and IED making materials. “An Afghan special forces raid in Nahr-e Saraj destroyed 50lbs of illegal narcotics and IED making materials,” the informed military sources said Friday. The sources further added “In Kajaki ...
- Security forces kill Taliban’s suicide attacks planner in Kapisa province
May 23, 2019
The Afghan security forces have killed a senior Taliban leader who was involved in planning and facilitating suicide attacks in North-eastern Kapisa province. A spokesman for the Ministry of Interior Nasrat Rahimi said the security forces killed Mullah Abdul Basir, a senior Taliban leader who was involved in planning suicide attacks in Kapisa. Rahimi further added that ...
- Afghan forces seize sophisticated missile in Kandahar city
May 21, 2019
The Afghan National Defense and Security Forces have seized a sophisticated missile in southern Kandahar province. Kandahar Police Chief Gen. Tadin Khan Achakzai said “Our forces discovered a weapons cache in Kandahar City which contained an unidentified rocket. Right now it’s currently under investigation to determine where this weapon came from.” Gen. Raziq further added that the ...
- Special Forces storm IED manufacturing facilities of Taliban in Kandahar
May 20, 2019
The Afghan Special Forces have stormed the IED manufacturing facilities of Taliban in southern Kandahar province killing at least ten militants. “Afghan Special Forces conducted an operation in Shah Wali Kot district killing 10 Taliban fighters, detaining 3 others and destroying a small weapons cache,” informed military sources said Monday. In the meantime, provincial Police Chief of ...
- UK security services foiled 19 major terror attacks over past two years, says Sajid Javid
May 20, 2019
UK security services have foiled 19 major terror attacks over the past two years, Home Secretary Sajid Javid has revealed. During a speech in which he confirmed plans to look at designating parts of Syria and possibly West Africa as terror no-go zones for British citizens, Mr Javid described how “the tempo of terror activity is increasing”. He ...
- Shooting, grenade explosion, IED discovery recorded in parts of Mindanao since Sunday
May 13, 2019
The military Monday said that a series of election-related incidents were recorded in some parts of Mindanao over the last 24 hours. The latest election-related incident took place in Poblacion Dalican, Datu Odin Sinsuat (DOS), Maguindanao, when a blast caused by an undetermined type of explosive took place at about 7:20 a.m. Monday. Military and police operatives ...
- Afghan Special Forces destroy several IEDs, Russian rocket in Helmand raid
May 13, 2019
The Afghan Special Forces destroyed several Improvised Explosive Devices, a Russian rocket, and some other IED equipment and military kits during a raid in southern Helmand province. “Afghan Special Forces conducted an operation in Garm Ser district of Helmand and destroyed an IED cache that included 4 anti-vehicle IEDs, 7 pressure plates, a Russian rocket, 10 ...

