Detectives carried out road stops in Dunmurry near Belfast on Saturday as Crimestoppers offered a reward of up to £20,000 for information about the car bomb attack on a police station two weeks ago.
At around 10.45pm on April 25 a delivery driver was threatened by a masked gunman in the Summerhill area of Twinbrook, the PSNI said. His vehicle was hijacked, a gas canister-type bomb was put in the back of his car and he was told he had 30 minutes to get to Dunmurry police station before the bomb would go off.
Read more…
Source: Belfast Telegraph News
Sign up for the Counter-IED Report Newsletters
The latest news and insights delivered right to your inbox
Related:
- Students are put through their paces at Carver Barracks training day
June 27, 2017
Carver Barracks played host to an enthusiastic team of students earlier this month, giving them a taste of what life is like on the front line. The 33 Engineers Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) put on a series of punishing challenges to test the youngsters’ teamwork, fitness, discipline and leadership skills, with an array of tasks including ...
- Saudi Arabia and UK-supplied cluster bombs: what do we know?
December 19, 2016
The UK and Saudi Arabia claimed they not have broken the law after the Saudi government, under pressure from the Guardian, finally confirmed that it has used British-supplied cluster munitions in Yemen. Technically that may be correct, but even if no law has been broken, it appears there has either been a breach of trust between ...
- Saudi Arabia-led coalition has used UK-manufactured cluster bombs in Yemen – new evidence
May 23, 2016
Amnesty International has written to prime minister David Cameron and other senior ministers demanding a full Government inquiry into new evidence that Saudi Arabia-led coalition forces have used UK-manufactured cluster bombs – which may have killed and injured civilians, including children – in the conflict in Yemen. During recent field research in Sa’da, Hajjah, and Sanaa ...
