Yemen’s Houthi rebels launch boat-borne bomb attack against Greek-owned ship in Red Sea

Yemen’s military spokesman Brig. Gen. Yahya Saree claimed responsibility for the attack, identifying the vessel targeted as the Liberian-flagged, Greek-owned bulk carrier Tutor. He described the attack as using a “drone boat,” as well as drones and ballistic missiles. In Read More …

Houthi Red Sea attacks decline in last week as navies act, Greece says

Closer international cooperation between naval missions in the Red Sea has reduced the number of attacks by Yemen’s Houthis over the past week, Greek Shipping Minister Christos Stylianides told Reuters in an interview on Tuesday. Greece is the home of Read More …

Yemen’s Houthis ‘attack’ US carrier after deadly strikes

Yemen’s Houthis say they have launched a missile attack on a United States aircraft carrier in the Red Sea in response to deadly US and British strikes on Yemen. Houthi military spokesperson Yahya Saree announced the attack on the Eisenhower Read More …

Yemen’s Houthis target six ships in three seas

Yemen’s Houthis targeted six ships in three different seas, including the Marshall Islands-flagged bulk carrier Laax that was damaged after reporting a Houthi missile attack off the coast of Yemen, the Iran-backed group said on Wednesday. The Laax was attacked Read More …

Yemen: US military MQ-9 Reaper drone goes down in Marib province

Another U.S. military MQ-9 Reaper drone went down in Yemen, images online purported to show Wednesday, as Yemen’s Houthi rebels continued attacks on shipping around the Red Sea over the Israel-Hamas war. It wasn’t immediately clear what brought down the Read More …

Yemen: Iran-backed Houthi rebels claim they shot down another US drone

The Iran-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen claimed on Tuesday they shot down an American drone over the impoverished Arab country. The U.S. military did not immediately acknowledge the claim. If confirmed, this would be the second MQ-9 Reaper drone downed Read More …

Yemeni Houthi rebels have shot down another US MQ-9 Reaper drone

Houthi rebels shoot down another American MQ-9 Reaper drone in Yemen and attacked vessel in Red Sea, continuing campaign over Israel-Hamas war. Yemen’s Houthi rebels on Friday claimed to have shot down an American drone, hours after footage circulated online Read More …

Greece-Owned Vessel Attacked by Houthi Rebels in the Red Sea

Houthi rebels attacked a Greece-owned vessel in the Red Sea with three anti-ship ballistic missiles and three UAVs on Monday, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) said. There have been no reports of injuries among the crew of MV Cyclades, a Read More …

Yemen’s Houthis damage oil tanker, shoot down US drone

Yemen’s Houthis have damaged an oil tanker and downed another MQ-9 Reaper drone of the United States as they promise more attacks in opposition to Israel’s war on Gaza. The Iran-aligned group’s military spokesman, Yahya Saree, said in his latest Read More …

US May Revoke Houthi Terrorist Label If They Stop Red Sea Ship Attacks

The US said it would consider revoking its recent designation of Yemen’s Houthis as terrorists if the Iran-backed militants cease their shipping attacks in and around the Red Sea. “My hope is that we can find diplomatic off-ramps,” Tim Lenderking, Read More …

Yemen’s Houthis threaten to extend ship attacks to Indian Ocean

Yemen’s Houthis vowed to prevent Israel-linked ships from passing through the Indian Ocean towards the Cape of Good Hope, the group’s leader Abdul Malik Al Houthi said on Thursday. “Our main battle is to prevent ships linked to the Israeli Read More …

The Houthis Are Schooling Us in Asymmetric Warfare

The Houthis of Yemen think they’re at war with the West. With the news that three undersea fiber-optic cables were severed off the Yemeni coast and that one of their ballistic missiles took lives for the first time upon striking Read More …

Yemen: U.S. Central Command forces repel attack on USS Carney, destroy missiles and unmanned surface vessels

TAMPA, Fla. – On March 5, between the hours of 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. (Sanaa time), U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) forces shot down one anti-ship ballistic missile and three one-way attack unmanned aerial systems launched from Iranian-backed Houthi controlled Read More …

Cyprus at risk of terror attack

The foreign ministry has not allayed concerns that Cyprus is at risk for a terror attack over the use of the British Bases, Diko MP Christos Orphanides charged on Monday. Orphanides had written to permanent secretary of the foreign ministry Read More …

Yemen: Houthis deny targeting underwater cables amid marine disaster warning

Houthi leaders have denied they have targeted critical underwater sea telecommunication cables, as Yemen’s UN-recognised government warned of an imminent marine environmental disaster if a cargo ship struck by the rebels last week was not quickly rescued. The Rubymar, a Read More …

US extends detention of captain accused of shipping weapons to Houthis

A Pakistani national accused by US officials of carrying Iranian-made missile parts to Houthi rebels in Yemen is to remain behind bars awaiting trial. During a detention hearing in a federal court on Tuesday, federal prosecutors charged Muhammad Pahlawan with Read More …

Yemen: Houthis to step up Red Sea strikes, use ‘submarine weapons’

Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthis will escalate their attacks on ships in the Red Sea and other waters and have introduced “submarine weapons”, in continued solidarity with Palestinians in the Gaza war, the group’s leader said on Thursday. “Operations in the Red Read More …

Yemen: Houthis claim they hit British ship, downed US drone

The Houthi group says it hit a British cargo ship that is believed to be significantly damaged and shot down a US drone over its territory as the Yemeni group continued to target ships in the Red Sea demanding an Read More …

Houthi Lethal Underwater Drones Adds New Threat to Red Sea

Merchant ships and warships in the Red Sea have been under frequent attacks from anti-ship cruise missiles, anti-ship ballistic missiles, explosive surface drones, and aerial drones. Now a new threat has emerged from underwater. On Feb. 18, U.S. Central Command Read More …

Yemen: U.S. Central Command forces conducted self-defense strikes against missiles, unmanned underwater and surface vessels

TAMPA, Fla. – Between the hours of 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Sanaa time), Feb. 17, CENTCOM successfully conducted five self-defense strikes against three mobile anti-ship cruise missiles, one unmanned underwater vessel (UUV), and one unmanned surface vessel (USV) in Read More …