Saudi Arabia says it foiled boat attack off Yanbu port


Saudi Arabia says it intercepted an explosive-laden boat off the Red Sea port of Yanbu after maritime security firms cited “unconfirmed reports” of an attack on a vessel in the area.

A Saudi defence ministry statement did not say whether there had been any damage as a result of the operation by the Saudi navy to intercept and destroy the remote-controlled drone boat on Tuesday.

The state-run Saudi Press Agency quoted Saudi military spokesman Turki al-Maliki saying: “The booby-trapped boat was dealt and destroyed according to the rules of engagement.”

Read more…
Source: Al Jazeera