Saudi Arabia executed three citizens for committing acts of treason against the Kingdom, the Ministry of Interior announced Sunday in a statement.
According to the ministry, the three nationals were accused of “providing support to terrorist entities, communicating with them, adopting a terrorist approach that permits the shedding of blood, money, and honor, and inciting people to carry out terrorist acts with the aim of undermining the security and stability of society.
Read more…
Source: Alarabiya News
Sign up for Counter-IED Report Newsletter
Related:
- Major Saudi Arabia oil facilities hit by Houthi drone strikes
September 14, 2019
Houthi rebels have claimed responsibility for a drone attack on the world’s largest oil processing facility in Saudi Arabia which is vital to global energy supplies. The attacks on the processor and a major oilfield, operated by Saudi Aramco, on early Saturday sparked a huge fire, the kingdom’s interior ministry said. The assault had disrupted output and exports, with ...
- Yemen rebel drone attack targets remote Saudi oil field
August 18, 2019
Saudi Arabia describes the damage as a “limited fire” in the second such recent attack on its crucial energy industry. Houthi spokesman says rebels launched 10 bomb-laden drones targeting the field in their “biggest-ever” operation; threatens more attacks coming. Drones launched by Yemen’s Houthi rebels attacked a massive oil and gas field deep inside Saudi Arabia’s ...
- Two terrorists killed in an attack on a checkpoint in eastern Saudi Arabia
April 7, 2019
Saudi security forces have carried out an operation in the Kingdom’s Eastern Province which resulted in the death of two wanted suspects and the arrest of two others. The four attempted to evade a security checkpoint near Abu Hadriyah in al-Qatif on their way from escaping outside the country, Al Arabiya’s correspondent reports. Out of the four ...
- Five Middle East States to share sensitive aviation security information
December 3, 2018
Following their presentation of working paper entitled “Sharing of Aviation Security Information Between States” at the Second High-level Conference on Aviation Security (HLCAS/2-WP/2), Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and United Arab Emirates have signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) in this regard. It is a precursor to the subsequent signing of a Memorandum of ...
- Yemen: Remote Controlled Terror – Houthi Suicide Boats
September 27, 2018
On September 8, Saudi and Yemeni forces found a remote controlled explosive boat belonging to Houthi rebels off of Fasht island on Yemen’s western coast. The small and low-profile boat appeared to have been heavily modified to reduce its visibility on the water and had been packed with explosives. The discovery came as no surprise, as ...
- Saudi project to dismantle mines in Yemen ‘Masam’ launched
June 26, 2018
The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSRelief) on Monday launched the Saudi Project for Landmine Clearance (MASAM), a five-year program that aims to dismantle mines in Yemen. According to Saudi Press Agency, Riyadh-based KSRelief launched the Saudi Project to Dismantle Mines in Yemen (Masam) in the presence of princes, ministers, senior officials, diplomatic corps ...
- US Navy, RSNF Conclude Underwater MCM and C-IED Subject Matter Expert Exchange
May 7, 2018
Royal Saudi Special Forces and U.S. Navy Expeditionary Mine Countermeasure (MCM) Company completed an MCM and counter-improvised explosive device (C-IED) subject matter expert exchange on May 5, 2018. The bilateral exchange commenced on April 24, 2018 and took place in order to enhance the sharing of standard operating procedures to safely execute high risk MCM operations. ...
- Saudi security foils terror plot targeting Mecca Grand Mosque and pilgrims
June 24, 2017
Saudi Arabian security forces have foiled a terror plot targeting the Grand Mosque in the Muslim holy city of Mecca, exchanging gunfire with one of the suspects who blew himself up inside a home on Friday, the interior ministry said. The ministry described the plot as part of “self-serving schemes managed from abroad”. Five people, including a ...
- Qatari charity on new terror list has ties to USAID, UN
June 15, 2017
A charity in Qatar that was recently sanctioned for links to terrorism by some Arab countries has worked with the U.S. government’s main aid agency and several United Nations agencies, Fox News has learned. The sanctions came as a result of fallout from a growing diplomatic fight between a Saudi Arabia-led coalition and Qatar over what ...
- Why Qatar is the focus of terrorism claims
June 13, 2017
The dispute that has seen Saudi Arabia and its Gulf allies isolate Qatar stems from allegations that the tiny gas-rich nation is sponsoring extremist groups which are destabilising the Middle East. This is not the first time Qatar’s neighbours have expressed their displeasure over its individualist foreign policy – diplomatic relations were severed for nine months ...
- Saudi Arabia and UK-supplied cluster bombs: what do we know?
December 19, 2016
The UK and Saudi Arabia claimed they not have broken the law after the Saudi government, under pressure from the Guardian, finally confirmed that it has used British-supplied cluster munitions in Yemen. Technically that may be correct, but even if no law has been broken, it appears there has either been a breach of trust between ...
- The £1bn of weapons flowing from Europe to Middle East
July 27, 2016
AEastern European countries have approved the discreet sale of more than €1bn of weapons in the past four years to Middle Eastern countries that are known to ship arms to Syria, an investigation has found. Thousands of assault rifles such as AK-47s, mortar shells, rocket launchers, anti-tank weapons and heavy machine guns are being routed ...
- Saudi Arabia-led coalition has used UK-manufactured cluster bombs in Yemen – new evidence
May 23, 2016
Amnesty International has written to prime minister David Cameron and other senior ministers demanding a full Government inquiry into new evidence that Saudi Arabia-led coalition forces have used UK-manufactured cluster bombs – which may have killed and injured civilians, including children – in the conflict in Yemen. During recent field research in Sa’da, Hajjah, and Sanaa ...
