Nigeria: Lagos Police to conduct IED simulation exercise


The Lagos State Police Command has announced that its Explosives Ordnance Disposal, Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (EOD-CBRN) Unit will carry out a simulation exercise in the Eko Atlantic City area.

According to a statement posted on the Command’s official X handle on Wednesday, the drill is part of ongoing efforts to strengthen security preparedness and enhance emergency response capabilities within the state. The exercise will involve a mock scenario of an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) detonation and response, designed to test the readiness of specialised police units in handling potential threats.

Read more…
Source: New Telegraph News


Sign up for the Counter-IED Report Newsletters
The latest news and insights delivered right to your inbox


Related:

  • 3 killed, 7 injured as suicide bomber target Konduga, Borno

    May 28, 2018

    The Borno State Police Command has confirmed that three persons lost their lives while seven others were injured when a suicide bomber attacked Konduga yesterday. Police Commissioner, Mr. Damian Chukwu, disclosed this while speaking with newsmen in Maiduguri on Monday. Read more… Source: Daily Trust  

  • Nigeria confirms 27 dead from NE twin blasts

    May 2, 2018

    Nigeria’s restive northeastern Adamawa state government Tuesday confirmed 27 dead and 56 injured from the twin blasts in Mubi town. Ahmad Sajoh, the state Commissioner of Information and Strategy, said in a statement that the 56 injured persons were admitted to hospital. Two suicide bombers carried out the attacks, he added. Read more… Source: XINHUANET  

  • At least four killed in Boko Haram attack on Nigerian city

    April 27, 2018

    At least four people were killed in an attack by Boko Haram militants in northeastern Nigeria late on Thursday, the national emergency agency said, the second such clash in Maiduguri city in a month. Five suicide bombers were also killed in the attack, which Nigeria’s military said had been repelled by troops. Blasts and gunfire were ...

  • Police confirm 6 dead, 9 others wounded in Maiduguri attack

    April 27, 2018

    The Police in Borno said six persons were killed in an attack coordinated by Boko Haram insurgents at Jidari Polo area of Maiduguri on Thursday. Mr Edet Okon, the Public Relations Officer (PPRO), said in a statement on Friday that the victims included three civilians, a member of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) and two ...

  • Suicide bombers kill 4 in NE Nigeria mosque attack

    April 23, 2018

    Four worshippers have been confirmed killed following a suicide attack on a mosque in Nigeria’s northeastern town of Bama early Sunday, a local official and the police said. At least eight others were wounded after two suicide bombers, a male and female, detonated their improvised explosive devices inside the mosque during a morning prayer in the ...

  • Nigeria: Delta police detonate bomb on oil facility

    April 10, 2018

    The Delta State Police Command has safely detonated a two-kilogramme improvised explosive device (IED) at the Dibi tank farm in Escravos in Warri North. Commissioner of Police Muhammadu Mustafa, who briefed reporters yesterday, said the bomb was detonated on a Chevron facility. He said his men, acting on intelligence, discovered the IED at the base of the ...

  • Nigeria: FG Calls for Defeat, Disruption of Insurgents’ Theatre of Operation, Drugs Acquisition

    March 18, 2018

    The federal government on Saturday called for the defeat and disruption of Boko Haram insurgents and other terrorists’ theatre of operation and their ability to acquire drugs and other chemical agents. This was the submission by experts and stakeholders at the end of a five day summit on National Chemical Security in Abuja. According to the National ...

  • Boko Haram Planning IED Attacks In Maiduguri – Police Warn

    March 16, 2018

    The Borno state police command has revealed that Boko Haram insurgents are planning to attack Maiduguri, capital of the state, with vehicles primed with improvised explosive device (IED). Ahmed Bello, an assistant commissioner of police, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday. Bello said the attack was beng coordinated by dislodged Boko Haram from Sambisa forest but ...

  • Two Suicide Bombers Killed in Borno

    March 16, 2018

    According to This Day Live, the two suicide bombers, both female, were said to have hurriedly detonated the improvised explosive device (IED) strapped on them to avoid being caught alive. This led to their death, while nine other persons were injured. Joseph Kwaji, the spokesman of the Borno State Police Command, while confirmed the incident. Read more… Source: NaijaNews  

  • Special Forces troops train Nigerian infantry for fight against Boko Haram, ISIS

    February 24, 2018

    A dozen U.S. troops just wrapped up a seven-week trip to Nigeria, where they trained local soldiers in advanced infantry tactics that, in all likelihood, they’ll use to beat back religious extremist terror in their country. The soldiers, some Green Berets from Fort Bragg’s Security Assistance Training Management Organization and some infantrymen from 1st Brigade, 10th Mountain Division, visited the ...

  • 22 killed, 28 wounded in multiple bomb blast in Borno

    February 17, 2018

    22 persons were killed and 28 others injuries in a multiple suicide bomb attack at a market in Konduga Local Government Area of Borno. The incident occurred on Friday at about 9:00 pm, when three suicide bombers detonated explosives at the “Kasuwar Kifi” in the outskirts of Konduga town. An eye witness, Idrissa Bana, said the three ...

  • Nigerian troops destroy major bomb factory in Sambisa Forest

    February 7, 2018

    Nigerian Army on Wednesday said its troops destroyed a large scale Improvised Explosive Device (IED) factory and captured several Boko Haram terrorists in Sambisa Forest and Lake Chad region. Col. Onyeama Nwachukwu, the Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, Operation Lafiya Dole, made the disclosure in a statement in Maiduguri. Read more… Source: Vanguard  

  • 12 killed, 48 wounded in Maiduguri suicide bomb attack

    January 17, 2018

    The Police in Maiduguri have confirmed that 12 persons were killed and 48 others wounded in a suicide bomb attack in Maiduguri on Wednesday. The Commissioner of Police, Mr Daminian Chukwu, confirmed the incident. Chukwu said that a male suicide bomber detonated an explosive device at a crowded market killing himself and 10 other persons. Read more… Source: Nigerian Tribune  

  • Soldiers kill two female suicide bombers, arrest another

    January 10, 2018

    Soldiers in Gamboru-Ngala village of Borno State on Tuesday morning averted a major disaster when they intercepted and killed two suspected female suicide bombers. The suspects were trying to invade the community with explosives strapped on their bodies, the army said. A third teenage girl who probably opted out of the deadly mission was later arrested ...

  • Suicide attack on Nigeria mosque causes multiple deaths

    January 3, 2018

    A suicide bomb attack on a mosque in northeastern Nigeria has killed at least 11 people, according to reports. The incident took place in the town of Gamboru, in Nigeria’s Borno state near the border with Cameroon, an area where the armed group Boko Haram has previously carried out a number of attacks. Read more… Source: Aljazeera