India: Boy mistakes bomb for ball, suffers injuries in blast


A 12-year-old boy suffered injuries after he picked up a crude bomb, mistaking it for a ball, from a garbage heap and then threw it away, causing an explosion.

The incident took place on Tuesday evening when the boy, Sachin, was returning home from coaching classes with his friends.

His father Ram Khelawan told police that, “Sachin spotted a ball like object wrapped with twine, lying in the heap of garbage and picked it up.” Ram Khelawan said Sachin lobbed the ball-like object on being reprimanded by his mates.

Read more…
Source: The Morning Express