A house in the Deurne district of Antwerp was the target of an attack on Monday night.
An explosive device detonated outside the front door of the house in the Deurne South area. Police are investigating whether the attack, in which no one was injured, is linked to the trade in illegal drugs.
Read more…
Source: VRT News
Related:
- Explosives found in Brussels, no sign Tour de France targeted: prosecutors
July 8, 2019
Belgian police are investigating the discovery of home-made explosives, knives and brass knuckles, but nothing immediately points to an attack plot, including against the Tour de France, prosecutors said Monday. A worker found the arms on Saturday evening hidden by a stairway of a building in Anderlecht, a neighbourhood of the capital Brussels through which the ...
- Brussels Airport failed to spot bomb belt security test
February 28, 2019
“On 1 October last year, I was asked to try to pass the security checkpoint with a fake bomb belt”, said the mystery passenger, HLN reports. “The belt looked very credible, with wires, a detonator and a substance that had the same density as real explosives,” added the passenger. When being searched, the passenger pretended to be a ...
- Belgium explosion: Man ‘blows himself up’ on football pitch in Stembert, Verviers
July 31, 2018
It is believed that this is an isolated act and authorities have been to the victim’s home to ensure there are no other explosives there. The victim has not been formally identified but Le Soir newspaper is reporting it was a former soldier who lived close by. Panorama Steet and adjacent streets have been evacuated and residents ...
- Brussels police shoot at car ‘full of explosives’
August 8, 2017
Police in Brussels have opened fire on a car believed to be filled with explosives. Shots were fired after a high-speed chase through the suburb of Molenbeek. The vehicle then reportedly got stuck in traffic, at which point it reversed into a police car. Belgian broadcaster RTL quoted a police spokesman as saying: “We got the driver out, ...
- Paris attacks: isis suicide squad ‘kept weapons arsenal in belgian kindergarten’
July 14, 2017
The Islamic State militant group (ISIS) network behind the suicide bomb assaults in Paris and Brussels likely hid their weapons on the premises of a kindergarten in Belgium, according to a handwritten map drawn by Salah Abdeslam, the last living member of the terrorist cell behind the Paris attacks on November 13, 2015. The ISIS-affiliated network ...
