Suicide bomber attacks NATO convoy in Afghanistan, some wounded


A suicide bomber in an explosives-packed vehicle attacked a NATO convoy in Afghanistan on Monday, wounding “a small number” of foreign troops and at least three civilians, officials said.

The soldiers were taken to the nearby Bagram Air Field and none of their injuries appeared life-threatening, NATO’s headquarters in Kabul said.

At least three civilians were hurt, District Governor Abdul Shukor Qodossi said, without giving details on the extent of their injuries.

A statement from the Taliban militants said 13 Americans had been killed and 11 wounded and three armored vehicles destroyed.

Read more…

Source: Reuters